Date(s) - Aug 27 (Sunday)
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
10:00 – 11:00 am : Worship of Lord Ganesha
11:00-11:30 Lord Ganesha signifying wisdom By Swami Prabudhanandaji
11:30 – 12:30 Meditation
12:30 pm Lunch
Ganesha or Ganapathi in Hindu Mythology is the Lord of Beginnings and also who removes obstacles. Knowledge of the seer and the seen is the great message of Ganapathi; He is the lord of all knowledge, intelligence and wisdom. Ganesha, sitting in the muladhara chakra (bottom center), serves as the gateway to the higher planes of consciousness.
Symbolism of Lord Ganesha
1. Trunk – symbolic of discrimination power (viveka), ability to discriminate between right and wrong.
2. Big ears – listen more and talk less.
3. Small mouth – talk less and only what is essential.
4. Big head – wisdom and think big.
5. Big belly – the whole world is contained in Him he accepts everything good or bad with the same equanimity.
6. Small eyes – power of concentration.
7. Mouse – symbolic of worldly desires and passions which need to be overcome.
Ganesha is easily accessible through prayers, meditation and contemplation.